Letnja škola srpskog jezika i tradicijeSerbonika Summer School
Aug, 15-28 2021
Sept, 12-25 2021
By August 2nd
or August 30th
Serbonika Summer School are two-week courses in Sremska Mitrovica, the administrative center of the Srem district. They include Serbian language lessons held every day Monday to Friday, culture classes, lectures, traditional dance lessons, visits and excursions.
Srem or Syrmia is a region devided between Croatia and Serbia. The Croatian part is called Srijem, in ijekavian, and the Serbian Srem, in ekavian.
Srem is a fertile plain land in Northern Serbia, between the Fruška Gora mountain, the Danube and Sava rivers, on the border with Croatia and Bosnia.
Photo by Dragoljub Zamurović
SERBONIKA SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAM
The Summer School consists of language lessons and afternoon activities. It’s aimed to make you speak Serbian and use the language in daily interactions with confidence. The activities will put you in situations to interact with the Serbs in Serbian, and the Serbian language lessons will prepare you for these interactions.
The program includes guided visits to museums, restaurants, parks, the Sava beach, or fieldtrip on the weekend; and home activities at the Jelić family house, cooking, grilling, or just hanging out.
The Serbonika Summer Course is ideal for you if you’re anywhere from A2 level and above in Serbian: you’ve been learning Serbian for some time and are familiar with the most important grammar rules and vocabulary.
We also organize courses for beginners in the region, contact us for more details.
You will study Serbian in a small group (no more than 8 students) so you can be actively involved all the time and get personal approach.
Attention! We can only accept a small number of people and the program is very personal: you will be our guest.
The 2-week Summer School program includes:
- 3 hours (4 school classes) of classroom language lessons 5 days a week, from Monday to Friday
- 2 hours of afternoon activities (visits to archeological sites, lectures and kolo dancing lessons)
- teaching materials, information booklets, classroom facilities, refreshments
- full access to the Serbonika learning platform for one month before the summer school starts
- assistance with finding accommodation and getting around the town
- a welcome and transfer from the bus or train station in Sremska Mitrovica to your accommodation
- guided excursion to the Fruška Gora mountain, visit to some of the monasteries
- Serbian hospitality that continues informally in the extracurricular activities
- finishing party with live music
Pricing and Admission
1) August, 15-28 2021 – reserve your place: 6 left available
- price of the program: €469
- admission: by August 2nd 2021
2) September, 12-25 2021 – reserve your place: only 1 left available
- price of the program: €469
- admission: by August 30th 2021
Not included in the course price: travelling to and from Sremska Mitrovica, visa (if necessary), personal expenses, optional fieldtrips, accommodation and meals.
Transfer from and to airport available at request.
Sremska Mitrovica is a small town in the North Serbia, the capital of the Srem district. It was a major city in Ancient Rome named Sirmium.
It’s located at the Sava River, near the Croatian and Bosnian border, by the Fruška Gora Mountain. An hour by bus or train to Belgrade and an hour by bus to Novi Sad.
Prices are very convenient: full meals at about €4, you can get anywhere by taxi at €1.5 or €2, etc.
Perfect for a peaceful Serbian retreat. Watch a video of the city.
The Summer School daily activities and lessons are the city center. There are different options for renting apartments. If you prefer, you can find your own accommodation at Airbnb or Booking, but we’ve got special prices for four places that we recommend.
If you wish, you can come earlier and you can extend your stay, at your pleasure.
But to get the discounted price, rooms must be booked by July 5th 2021.
1) Apartments 10 minutes from the very center
We’ve got special offer at these two places, 10-minute walk to the city center and our classroom. Prices for 14 nights:
Apartman Marija (with two bedrooms) – Booked, unavailable for the summer 2021.
Accommodation at the City center
We’ve got special price with the best apartments in the very center of the town:
- Angelina apartmani – Both studios booked for September, free for August.
- Centro Apartments – There are still rooms available for August and September.
€25 per night if booked by July 5th.
€30 per night if booked by August 2nd.
Prices may be raised afterwards.
Apartments are fully equipped, with a king bed, bathroom, clean towels and bedding.
Places are very limited: 1 spot left for September, 6 spots left for August. Reserve your room now!
the registration form
Serbonika Summer School 2021
In case the form doesn’t work for any reason, please apply directly by answering the questions in an email sent to magdalena (at) serbonika.com – thank you!